Everyone this month seemed to have a daily Facebook post that said what they were thankful for. I decided instead of bombarding people with these posts I’d just make a list and post them all at once on my blog. So here it is:
28 Days Of Thanks:
1. I am thankful for my boyfriend, Henry, who has been able to tolerate me for the past seven months and hopefully many more.
2. I am thankful for having a roof over my head. There are many people out there who are not as lucky.
3. I am thankful for my job. These days they are hard to come by and while I may not love it, I am grateful that I have it.
4. I am thankful for my brothers and sisters, all of whom I have grown closer to over the years.
5. I am thankful for all fourteen (soon to be fifteen) of my nieces and nephews who remind me on a daily basis that life passes so quickly and every moment with our loved ones counts.
6. I am thankful for my friends, both near and far; the ones I see frequently and the ones I seldom see, but will always be connected to through the memories that we share.
7. I am thankful for my new positive outlook on life; one that challenges me to do better and to be better.
8. I am thankful for my art; my ability to convey and share myself without the use of words.
9. I am thankful for my parents, who are continually teaching me things both directly and indirectly throughout my life.
10. I am thankful for the kindness of strangers; strangers who remind me to be kind to others in turn.
11. I am thankful for life’s innumerable lessons, which have shaped and molded me into the person I am today.
12. I am thankful for the people who take the time to help me find my way when I am lost.
13. I am thankful for the people who inspire me on a daily basis, like my friend Tim, who inadvertently changed my life by simply being in it.
14. I am thankful for the two years that I have now spent as an openly gay man and the strength that I have gained because of it.
15. I am thankful for those who have taken a stand for marriage equality. We’ve seen significant strides in the last year alone, which gives me hope that one day I will feel whole and equal to those around me.
16. I am thankful for my amazing coworkers, who bust their asses day in and day out, despite how trying it can be at times.
17. I am thankful for my health. I’ve faced quite a few hurdles in the last year, but things are definitely looking up.
18. I am thankful for a nurse named, Jenny, at BMC who kept my spirits up while I was in the hospital back in August. My emotions were all over the place after my experience at the ER and she made things a little more bearable.
19. I am thankful for the men and women in the armed forces who keep us safe.
20. I am thankful for the opportunities that I have been given, both professionally and personally.
21. I am thankful for a college education, despite the disgustingly large amount of debt that has come as a result.
22. I am thankful for progress.
23. I am thankful for the small changes people have made to try and undo the damage we’ve done to this world.
24. I am thankful for the ability to critically evaluate two opposing points of view and find balance and understanding.
25. I am thankful for forgiveness; both my ability to grant it and the ability of others to do the same for me.
26. I am thankful for my readers. Life is very hectic most days and I appreciate you taking the time to read what I have written.
27. I am thankful for caffeine.
28. I am thankful for you.
Until next time…stay classy.
– C.M. Berry