There’s a hashtag on Twitter that reads “#2012taughtme”…This obviously got me thinking about many of the things that I have learned in the last year. I decided that instead of posting several dozen tweets or limiting myself to one, I would simply make a list and post it here on my blog.
2012 Taught Me That…
- Abs, while they are an added bonus, are not a necessity when choosing a mate.
- It’s important to hone our talents, rather than neglect them.
- It’s ok to be unsure of things. Life will happen as it is meant to.
- Justin Clynes is as close to physical male perfection as one can be.
- Teenagers really aren’t capable of adult relationships, even if said teenagers are in college.
- Credit card companies will bend you over and f*ck you in the ass if given the chance. And not in the good way. The same goes for student loan collectors.
- Morals are indeed flexible.
- Bath salts lead to cannibalism.
- Common sense is not common.
- Few, if any, gay men can be platonic friends.
- The word friendship has a definition that varies based on who uses it.
- If he’s pretty, intelligent, and seems nice, there’s some fatal flaw that will bite you in the ass when you least expect it.
- Animal print makes me nauseous and makes you look like an idiot.
- If we replaced people’s foodstamps with bars of soap, we’d all be better off.
- Taylor Swift can see into my soul.
- Books, like so many other works of art and knowledge, must be shared, rather than idly tucked away on some random shelf.
- Every life has a purpose, no matter its size or level of importance.
- We must give more of ourselves if we expect others to do the same.
- Sometimes we must walk away from the ones we love the most because those very same people are the ones who bring us down.
- Sometimes the shallow cuts can hurt the most.
- Loneliness isn’t an excuse for making stupid decisions.
- We must be happy with ourselves before we can ever be happy with others.
- We must shine bright if we expect to overcome the darkness that surrounds us.
- Prejudice has many faces.
- The things we want most are the things we must work the hardest to obtain.
Until next time…stay classy.
– C.M. Berry