Today I find myself thinking about what I’m grateful for; the people and things in my life that have helped shaped who I am and continue to guide me through this life. I think for many of us we get so caught up in what’s happening in our lives that we rarely take time to stop what we’re doing and give thanks for all of the wonderful things we have, both big and small; the things that give meaning and purpose to an otherwise mundane existence. So I’d like to take a moment to share with you some of the things I am thankful for:
- The roof over my head.
- The memories I cherish.
- My growing sense of clarity.
- My family.
- My friends.
- The ability to laugh at myself.
- My sense of compassion.
- The people who inspire/believe in me.
- The people who take the time to read my blog.
- My college education.
- Having a full time job when others can’t even find work.
- My common sense.
- My sense of worth.
- Being able to understand and accept my talents and shortcomings equally.
- The courage to be myself, gay and all.
- The wisdom I was blessed with.
- Waking up this and every other morning.
- The ability to provide for myself and others.
- Having all five senses.
- The beauty of the world around me.
For these things and many more I give thanks. By finding value in the things we already possess, we find value in the lives that we were given. So why not take a moment and appreciate what you are, what you have, and what could be.
Until next time…stay classy.
– C.M. Berry